There's nothing more fun than dressing up.

Popcultchah is a life-inspires-fashion blog filled with beautiful clothes, genius people and lots of thoughts about style. Our mandate? To show all sides of the style coin, comprehensively and without discrimination.



Monday, August 23, 2010

Mission Impossible Four-- Something Good.

*Click to enlarge picture.

Making a t-shirt with a bedazzled, winged cross on it look stylish is quite the impossible task.

Thankfully, impossible is my middle name.

The more this Urban Planet shirt, shown above to the left and below, put up a fight, the more determined I became to force it to become the central player in a fashionable outfit.
My breakthrough this time came in the form of funky and urban Matiko Nicki peep-toe wedges in a creamy pink-ish hue. It was the colour that attracted me. I realized that I had to give in to the extreme soft girliness of the shirt to elevate it to a classier position.
I know what you're thinking: the shirt has a big winged cross on it and she's saying it's girly? Well, yes I am. The main reason for that is nothing to do with the main imagery, but the overall feel of the t-shirt: soft fabric, swirly whirly accents, sparkly accents.
So I added leg-accenting black skinny jeans, a sensible crisp white blouse (to be left undone), and a structured blue denim military/band jacket to dress it up.
The Lanvin ear muffs I added on a whim, but once in the outfit I felt they were necessary because they just went along so perfectly with the whimsical, pretty look.
Lastly, I played up the wing and feather aspect of the shirt, as wings and feathers are both actually valid trends this season, (along with anything aviator, or baroque) and added two pieces of detailed silver bird-themed jewelry.

Alice + Olivia Jacket

Elizabeth and James Blouse

Fossil Bracelet

J Brand Jeans

Lanvin Earmuffs

Matiko Nicki Wedges

Minicci Ring (on sale at Payless for 4.99!)

Urban Planet Tee- The Impossible